Injured Farrier's Fund
"The purpose of the IFF is to assist an eligible member of the TPFA with household expenses while recuperating from an injury or illness, the magnitude of which prevents them from performing normal farrier business duties."
The guidelines contained herewith shall govern the Injured Farrier Fund, hereafter referred to as IFF. The IFF shall be established by the Texas Professional Farriers Association, hereafter referred to as TPFA.
Eligibility and Process
Must be a regular member of the TPFA in good standing for a minimum of 30 days. If renewing members’ dues lapse past 30 days (Feb. 1st), they will be subject to the 30 day waiting period before being eligible for benefits.
• At least 50% of claimant’s income must be derived from shoeing horses.
• Claimant must apply to IFF chair for benefit and must provide doctor verification of inability to work.
• Pre‐existing conditions will not be covered.
• Claimant must reside in Texas or one of the contiguous states (New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana).
IFF benefits to be paid to eligible applicants as follows:
• 7% of amount in account on the day claim is made.
• Payments to be paid out over 6 weeks, one payment per week.
• Maximum amount of payments shall be $300.00 per week for 6 weeks, or a maximum annual amount of $1800.00 per calendar year. In 2020, the TPFA voted for this to increase. Please contact the IFF Chair for more information.
• In the event more than one claim is received by the chairman on the same day, they will be considered in the order they were received, and benefits will be figured for each claim in...(to be updated)
Submit a Claim